Lev Épeautre spelt levain is a popular and easy way to make bread with the taste of spelt sourdough but without the effort. The forumulation from France is based on dried yeast blended with devitalised organic sourdough starter for that sourdough taste.
The 100g sachet is enough to lift 2kg of flour or approximately 3kg dough (depending on the recipe). It is simply added to the dry ingredients in the same way as dried yeast, a recipe to get you started is below.
Ingredients: Dehydrated and devitalised spelt sourdough starter (organic), dried yeast
Allergens: Contains spelt and glutenBy Hand: For c. 900g loaf:
(1) Mix 500g bread flour of your choice with 25g, (1/4 sachet) Lev’Blé, 8g salt and 350g warm water.
(2) Give an initial knead.
(3) Leave covered at room temperature for 30mins.
(4) Knead again and leave for around 60 mins.
(5) Turn out the dough and shape as required and put into a 1kg banneton or 900g loaf tin
(6) Bake at 220C for about 45 minutes. Bread Machine: Add the ingredients into the machine in the normal way and select the wholemeal bread program
Once opened, the sachet should be used within a week.
|Gallery Link||View Gallery|